Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pinch pot

     I believe my pinch pot is well made, there are no cracks in it, all of the walls are the same thickness, and there is no heavy bottom. The hardest part about making this pinch pot was the bottom. The bottom kept sagging so I had to add more clay under it to keep it flat. The foot was a big reason why I was able to fix the bottom of my pot.
     I believe that my designs were original. I chose two colors that I thought would look good together, and I also chose a design that I thought would go along with it as well. To creat my design I first did diagonal lines. In between the lines I did crossing lines to make it look like a scratched checker board. I also alternated the colors so it would bring out the design more.
     I worked as hard as I could have on this project. The pot met or even exceeded the criteria we needed to have for it. I believe the pot came out really well because of all the effort.
     I would give myself a 9/10 for effort because I may have been able to work a little harder on my pot.
     I would give myself a 10/10 on visual success because I believe it came out better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment